Friday, December 12, 2008

"VICTORY #2!!!"

Hard fought, and so rewarding - my second 1st place of the season! I didn't play up to par the first day of the tournament. It was extremely windy so I had Stan put a weight on the head of my cue. Well, it held me back, I shot short the whole three games, but thank God for my partner who carried us through three wins the first day. I took the weight off my cue for the finals today and played like my usual self. Our first game was against a team with one player who has tried and tried to force me out of shuffleboard with her lies and false accusations for four years, all because of jealousy. I have beaten her several times lately and every time I do it is extremely exhilarating! My partner and I knew it would be a tough game, but we were determined to win and we did. The second game was with another tough team, but I totally walked right thru my opponent and they gave up in the 16th frame! What a good feeling to have 2 first place victories this early in the season! The next 4 or 5 tournaments will be Mixed-doubles and I'll be back with my male partner, Bill. I'm looking forward to seeing how we do. Happy Shuffling & God Bless!

No comments: