Friday, January 9, 2009

WE DID IT AGAIN!!!

What a great end to a week that began really bad. On Monday we had to put our beloved kitty down due to complications from diabetes that she developed in September. I knew it was coming and I thought I had prepared myself, but it was so very hard to do. She had been with us for a little over ten years and like Stan has said so many times, she's the best little kitty we've ever had. Wednesday was my 55th birthday and the first day of this week's tournament. It was a beautiful day, a little cool but lots of sunshine. Our fellow shufflers were very kind with birthday wishes and hugs, and Bill and I won four games in a row. There were 102 teams entered in this tournament so we had to return the next morning and win a 5th game to be in the semis. We did that and also won the semis and the finals for the 2nd week in a row, and our 3rd First of the season! It is so much fun being Bill's partner and even more fun to win so many games. Don't know how long we can keep it up, but he says we are 'just getting started'. God Bless & Happy Shuffling!

No comments: