Monday, January 19, 2009

Gold in '07, Silver in '08 & GOLD in '09!

I won the GOLD in the McAllen Golden Age Olympics today! This is a 3-day double elimination tournament held every year for all Rio Grande Valley players, and I went undefeated to take 1st place. I must say I played really well thru the whole tournament, not having a tough time with any opponent. This was the shuffleboard 'singles' tournament, next week the 'doubles' will begin and in two weeks the 'mixed-doubles'. I will play with Lucille in the 'doubles' and Stan in the 'mixed-doubles'. Hopefully, we will do as well. God Bless & Happy Shuffling!

1 comment:

Ms. Quinn said...

Aww congrats Grandma!! That's awesome! By the way.. and sorry it's taken me so long to tell you this.. I got your card :) Thank you very much for sending it all the way out here and for thinking of me. Love you bunches!