Saturday, February 7, 2009

A GOOD TWO WEEKS

Well, I've had a good couple weeks since my last blog - not perfect, but very good. In last week's State doubles tournament Lucille and I took 1st in the consolation bracket, earning another 10 pts. In this week's State doubles tournament we took 1st Main for another 25 pts.! I am now in the lead with pts. for the season with 153!! Today was a little disappointing - Lucille and I had gone undefeated in the McAllen Golden Age Olympics Doubles and played in the finals today. The wind was gusting at 45 to 50 mph and we lost 2 games to take the Silver. Was really hoping for Gold, but our opponents just played better and handled the wind better than we did. I am so thrilled with my accomplishments this season - I've played really well. The next two State tournaments will be Mixed Doubles. Bill and I have taken 1st Main three times so far, so I'm hoping we'll do well in these next two. God Bless & Happy Shuffling, Sandi

1 comment:

Rachael Quinn said...

Yay for 1st place! I am proud to say my gramma is a WINNER!!

So wind is a big factor in shuffleboard? I guess that makes sense ;-)

How is grampie?

I LOVE YOU!!